Denice D. Denton Memorial Symposium
Credentials: July 29-30, 2007
A reception and dinner was held on Sunday, July 29th, with remembrances by Dr. Amy Wendt, Chancellor John Wiley, and Ms. Carolyn Mabee (Denice’s mother).
A day-long symposium was held on Monday, July 30th, with the following speakers:
- Welcome: Dr. Vicki Bier, UW–Madison
- Keynote Address: Former UW–Madison Chancellor Donna Shalala
- Panelists: Drs. Gerda Lerner, Bassam Shakhashiri, Lydia Zepeda, and Dr. Jeanne Swack of UW–Madison; Dr. Reza Ghodssi of the University of Maryland; Ms. Betty Walker Smith, retired Madison alderperson, and Ms. Jeanne Narum, Director of Project Kaleidoscope
- Discussion facilitators: Drs. Terry Millar and Susan Millar, UW–Madison
- Closing remarks: Drs. Vicki Bier, Susan Millar, Amy Wendt, Lydia Zepeda, and Gary Sandefur, UW–Madiso
The Denice D. Denton Memorial Symposium is generously funded by the University of Wisconsin-Madison Office of the Chancellor, with additional funding provided by the Maria Mitchell Association.