PI: Jennifer Sheridan
WISELI collects institutional data to track the progress of women faculty at UW–Madison. These indicators include:
- Numbers and percentages of women faculty, by rank and department
- Tenure outcomes
- Numbers and percentages of women faculty in leadership positions
- Women faculty in endowed/named chairs
- Women faculty receiving major campus awards
- Numbers and percentages of women serving on influential campus committees
- Median salary of men and women faculty, by rank and department
- Offers made to new faculty by gender and division
- Startup packages and starting salaries offered to new faculty by gender
- New faculty hires by gender and division
WISELI thanks Academic Planning & Institutional Research, the Office of the Secretary of the Faculty, and the Office of the Provost for assisting in this annual data collection.
Detailed data for all indicators are available annually in PDF format. To access Excel files of these data, contact Jennifer Sheridan. The Powerpoint file below provides graphics over time showing progress for women faculty at UW–Madison. Users may use these graphics in their own presentations, with attribution to WISELI.
Indicator Data Graphics
Gender Equity By The Numbers: Status of Women in Biological & Physical Sciences at the University of Wisconsin-Madison, 2002-2006
Sheridan, Jennifer. May 2007. “Gender Equity By The Numbers: Status of Women in Biological & Physical Sciences at the University of Wisconsin-Madison, 2002-2006.”
Frehill, Lisa; Elena Batista; Sheila Edwards-Lange; Cecily Jeser-Cannavale; Jan Malley; Jennifer Sheridan; Kim Sullivan; and Helena Sviglin. May 2006. “Using Program Evaluation To Ensure the Success of Your ADVANCE Program.” http://www.advance.nmsu.edu/Documents/PDF/toolkit2.pdf .
Frehill, Lisa; Cecily Jeser-Cannavale; Priscilla Kehoe; Ellen Meader; Jennifer Sheridan; Abby Stewart; and Helena Sviglin. January 2005. “Toolkit for Reporting Progress Toward NSF ADVANCE: Institutional Transformation Goals